- The Outfitters Newfoundland and Labrador 2021 Virtual Ski Marathon was a huge hit with over 1200 people hitting their home trails for fresh air and fun! It was such a success we decided to make it an annual event, happening for 2-3 weeks and this year ending on the day of The Outfitters Newfoundland and Labrador Ski Marathon!
- Thanks to the lifting of public health restrictions on March 14th this year’s The Outfitters Newfoundland and Labrador Ski Marathon will also go ahead and will be held in beautiful and historic St. Anthony on March 19th, 2022!
- We encourage you to get out in the virtual marathon and find your comfort level – then sign up for your favorite distance and attend the in person event on March 19th !
Where do I register?
Do I have to ski a full marathon?
There are five distances open to all ages:
- 2.5 km
- 10 km
- Half marathon (21km)
- Full marathon (42 km)
Do I have to ski the event? Can I snow shoe or fatbike?
- The event is a cross country ski event so you do have to ski it!
How much does it cost?
- Registration is free
- There is an option to pay a small fee of $15 and we will mail you finishers medal!
How do I complete the event?
- Register for the race at Zone 4
- Complete the distance of your choice between February 24th and March 18th inclusive – see details below
- Send an e-mail confirming your event is complete to email@example.com
Are there prizes or medals?
- This is not a race so there are no medals or award for placing in the top three in your age group
- There are no age groups – only distances
- You have the option of signing up to receive a finishers medal when you register for a fee of $15
How do you know I finished my event?
- You only need to send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org confirming you completed your event and stating the day that you completed.
- You do not need to send any independent confirmation that you did the event. We trust you.
How long do I have to complete my event?
- You can complete your event on any day between February 24th and March 18th inclusive
- Your event must be completed in a single day
- Your event does not have to be continuous – you can stop part way, go home and eat some food and come back to your ski park to complete it, as long as it is completed in the 24 hour period that’s starts and ends at midnight each day
How long do I have to report completing my event?
- All reporting e-mails must be received by midnight, March 25th, 2022
Where can I ski?
- The safest place to complete your event is at a CCNL member ski club
- A complete list of ski clubs can be found at https://crosscountrynl.com/ski-clubs
- There are CCNL member ski clubs in every region of Newfoundland and Labrador which have safe, groomed trails where you can complete your event
Can I send you a picture of me skiing my event?
- Absolutely! Please send us pictures of your participation in our event to post on our website and share on our Social Media Channels!
- Be sure to tag @TheoutfittersNL ,your local ski club and use #XCNLMARATHON for your chance to win some swag from Fischer, Salomon and Swix in your own social media posts.
- We want all of Newfoundland and Labrador (and the whole darn world) to see how much fun you had!